Saturday, May 19, 2012

Adventures from conference-land...

So I'm attending DFWCon this weekend, and they have these cute little goody bags for attendees.  Inside the bag is an innocuous-looking tube of what I assumed would be lip balm--after all, it's labeled "Aloe Vera" on the bottom of the tube, and it looks like chapstick.

I tucked this into my bag for later, knowing that it would likely come in handy as I always seem to be in need of lip balm.  After lunch, I slathered on the stuff, wanting to look okay for my post-lunch agent pitch session.  My lips thus conditioned, I turned my thoughts to my upcoming meeting.
What could possibly go wrong?
Imagine my surprise when I caught a glimpse of myself in a reflective surface.  My lips were bright pink--obnoxious, crazy clown/80's hooker pink.  Apparently, that innocent-looking green balm was really color change lipstick in disguise.  Needless to say, it was not a good look for me.  I immediately grabbed a tissue and started rubbing my mouth, but this stuff is insidious--my lips are still a little pink, hours after the fact. 

Wrong on so many levels...
I'm so glad I noticed this before going in to my pitch session--I can only imagine how ridiculous I would have felt to discover this hot pink disaster after the fact!

Has anyone else had a 'close call' like this before, or am I just the lucky one? <g>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Share with me! :)