Saturday, August 23, 2014

A to Z book meme!

With thanks to Amara Royce, for introducing me to this meme!

A. Author You’ve Read The Most Books From: Probably Nora Roberts.  I went through a phase in grad school where I read every Nora Roberts book I could get my hands on.

B. Best Sequel Ever: Dragonfly in Amber, by Diana Gabaldon.  So many series emphasize a different hero and heroine in each book, which makes it difficult to consider them true sequels.  What I love about the Outlander series is that Jamie and Claire's relationship is front and center. 

C. Currently Reading: A Big Boy Did it and Ran Away by Christopher Brookmyre


D. Drink of Choice While Reading: Ice cold coke.  Or iced tea.  Or water.


E. E-Reader or Physical Books: Physical books.  I have an e-reader, but rarely use it.


F. Fictional Character You Would Have Dated In High School: Harry Dresden.


G. Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: Storm Front, by Jim Butcher.  Mister bought it for me, and while it's not usually my thing, I ended up loving it and the series :)


H. Hidden Gem Book: This is a tough one.  


I. Important Moments of Your Reading Life: In grad school, I finally developed the confidence to fully embrace reading romance novels, and I stopped worrying about what other people thought of the books I read.


J. Just Finished: The Troop, by Nick Cutter


K. Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: I don't read a lot of fantasy, but that's not to say I won't read in that genre.  I'm generally willing to try anything, as long as the story is gripping and the writing decent.


L. Longest Book You’ve Read: Probably one of the Outlander novels.


M. Major Book Hangover Because Of: Take your pick!  Any Outlander novel, The Hunger Games, The Dresden Files series...  The list goes on and on.


N. Number of Bookcases You Own: Too many to count.


O. One Book That You Have Read Multiple Times: The Outlander series.  The Value of Believing in Yourself (The story of Louis Pasteur)


P. Preferred Place to Read: Bed.  The rocking chair.  Anywhere :)


Q. Quote From A Book That Inspires You: "
It's a fine world, though rich in hardships at times." from Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.

R. Reading Regret: I don't have the patience for Faulkner or Joyce.

S. Series You Started and Need to Finish: Monica McCarty's Highland Guards series.  Julie Hyzy's White House Chef mystery series.   


T. Three Of Your All-Time Favourite Books: The Value of Believing in Yourself, Peter Pan, and Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (and Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry)


U. Unapologetic Fangirl For: Diana Gabaldon, Joanna Bourne, Jennifer Ashley.  The list goes on.


W. Worst Bookish Habit: I buy more books than I can possibly read.  But it makes me happy to be surrounded by books :)


V. Very Excited For This Release More Than Any Other: Joanna Bourne's Rogue Spy.


X. Marks The Spot (Start On Your Bookshelf And Count to the 27th Book): The Canon, A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angier


Y. Your Latest Book Purchase: The book I'm currently reading.  I bought it at a small used bookstore in a train station in Scotland :)


Z. ZZZ-Snatcher (last book that kept you up WAY late): They all do :)


Now it's your turn!  Be sure to tag me in the comments so I can find your post!

2 comments:

Got something to say? Share with me! :)