Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy Day!


On this day 6 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!) I brought home two furry little ones from the local animal shelter. They were terribly shy and deeply mistrustful.  As they'd spent the majority of their 9 months on earth in a cage, I couldn't really blame them.  Gradually, they came out of their shells, and though they still refuse to sit on my lap or let me pick them up, they show their affection in their own special way.

Except to Mister.

While they will sleep on his clothes, his pillow, even his shoes, they draw the line at letting him pet them unless the circumstances are truly dire (i.e. I'm out of town).  Still, we do all get along :)

Happy adoption day, boys!  I'm so glad you picked me!

From the shelter...
To the counter.  Still inseparable :)

Do you have any pets?  How did they find you?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I'll admit to having pedigreed poodles, but all of my many cats have been "free". Some just showed up at the door, like the two full blooded Maine Coon cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the word is out and they know where to do! :)

      Delete
  2. Lara,

    I love that you celebrate your fur kids. We have two Lhasa apso sisters. They bring laughter into each and every day. I found them online when I was stuck at work into the night because of a snowstorm. Best snowstorm ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say! Pets bring so much joy into our lives! :)

      Delete
  3. Awwww love it!!!
    Happy adoption day to all of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, S.K.! :) They're not quite as impressed with this anniversary as I am.

      Delete
  4. Very handsome boys!

    We have three (soon to be four) rescue dogs. The older two have been through hard times but they're great now. Each has a very distinct personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! That's part of what makes pets so fun--seeing how unique they are! :)

      Delete
  5. I have a little Burmese show girl, now eleven years old. She loves being the Rescue Ambassadress at shows. I 'rescued' her when she had been newly spayed and had a very bad reaction to the meds, and lost her coat. She had some other issues, as well. All cleared up and she never lost her humor or perkiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, she was just waiting for you to find her! :)

      Delete
  6. We have three cats, all from the shelter. One of them is terrified of the kids and won't come out of hiding until they go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Lara! Your boys are so handsome! Happy adoption day to them, indeed! Thank you for taking on shy boys and a pair at that! I run a rescue and it's so hard finding homes for those that aren't "perfect" right from the get go so homes like yours are truly blessings.

    (and how funny about them and the Mister! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)