Friday, July 3, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - 3 day weekend and Camp edition!


Hello, everyone!  How was your week?  Anything exciting going on in your part of the world?

This week, I'm celebrating the start of Camp NaNoWriMo.  For those of you who don't know, Novembers are deemed National Novel Writing Month, where participants aim to write 50,000 words during the month.  The idea is to turn off your inner editor and WRITE.  It's so much fun, they also have camp sessions during April and July where you get to set your own word count goal.  It's a really enjoyable event, mainly because of the air of excitement that surrounds the whole thing.  If you're also camping this month, I hope you'll look me up--my user name is Lara Lacombe :)

I'm also happy to report that Mister has the day off tomorrow, in celebration of July 4th.  We don't have plans to go anywhere to watch the fireworks (too many bugs and way too hot for Baby Girl), but he definitely wants to fire up the grill.

What are your plans for the weekend?  For US readers, do you have any plans to celebrate the 4th?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you! And congrats on the camping- hope you have a ball this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with Camp NaNo. Also, yum, barbecue. We've got tri-tip for tomorrow, and it shall be delicious.

    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with NaNo! I only have to write 20k this month, and I don't think it's going to happen -- but I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Camp went well! I did the blog version back in May and man it helps to get some stuff done :D

    Hope yall had a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)