Friday, February 12, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things - Social media edition


Happy Friday!  Is it just me, or is this year really flying by?  Maybe it's just the sleep deprivation talking...

I've had a nice week.  I finally succumbed to the 'wearable fitness monitor' trend, and bought myself a simple pedometer.  Mister and I have both joined Weight Watchers, and while we've been doing well on the program, I haven't been tracking my exercise as much as I need to.  This little device takes on the job for me, as it automatically updates my progress so I don't have to worry about it.  So far, so good!

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about social media and how I use it.  I've decided to try a new experiment, and set up a 'street team' of sorts, using Facebook. Basically, I'm going to set up a group (I think I'm going to call it Lara's Lab), and invite people to join.  I hope to use the group to talk about books, hold giveaways, and promote romance reading.  If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, find me on Facebook and I'll add you to the group!

That's it for me this week.  I hope you're all doing well.  Any big plans for the weekend?  Let me know!

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things? 

8 comments:

  1. I joined weight watchers a number of times. They really work, you just have to stick to it. I belong to a street team, it's a great idea. I'll give yours a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working for us, but like you said, it's a matter of consistency! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on joining Weight Watchers and getting a pedometer! I think a street team is a great idea. I've been contacted by people on an author's street team to do stuff or join a release party. (I usually don't have time though - or I foolishly agree to do something then forget all about it... I'm awful. *blush*) Maybe someday I'll have a street team too. Good luck with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about joining Weight Watchers but haven't taken the plunge yet. Good luck with your street team! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All positive steps forward. I have the FitBit and love the information it provides. Excellent tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lara's Lab is a great idea!
    I keep thinking of ways to try to streamline my social media use. Twitter is the real problem. It's the one I actually enjoy, but if I stop checking it every day, I could add more reading time in the evenings, which would free up time for editing, which is what I should be doing [bg]

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kidding the year is flying! Blink and it will be over. I seriously think time is exponential. The older you get, the faster it moves.

    We started that stupid fasting diet--where you eat normal 5 days a week and only consume 500 calories on two days. I'm on the fence about it. We'll have to see in a month or two how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I caved to the fitness tracker in January when a group I'm in was doing a walking challenge. It does get you motivated to see it in numbers :D Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)